Parade Day Instructions
INSTRUCTIONS FOR PARADE DAY
Thank you for becoming a member of the Mystic Krewe of Barkus. The following information is important, so please read carefully.
YOUR MEMBER PACKET INCLUDES:
- A color-coded parade pass wristband [and escort pass(es) if ordered]. Wear the wristband pass at all times. Only members and escorts with wristband passes will be allowed in the parade line-up area and the parade.
- Map of Parade Route
- The parade will stage and lineup at the Gates of Armstrong Park, inside the park. Please be at your color-coded area at your designated time. We will do our best to announce a call for each color group.
- A certificate of membership, which you can laser imprint your Krewe members name, suitable for
SCHEDULE OF PARADE EVENTS:
- 10:30 am Parade Pawty starts (Armstrong Park, entrances marked on map)
- 12:00 pm Costume Promenade (Give spectators and other krewe members a chance to see your caninish-costume creation.) Time permitting we will promenade as many fab costumes as possible.
- 1:00 pm Introduction of the King of the Mystic Krewe of Barkus and his Queen, and any Royal Court present.
- Krewe member/parade pass line-up begins (see map for your color designation area):
- 1:45 pm or before Lineup for “GOLD” Members. Please be polite and orderly; this is a fun parade! Sniffing allowed, biting NOT!
- 1:55 pm Lineup for “PURPLE” Members. Please be polite and orderly; this is a fun parade! Sniffing allowed, biting NOT!
- 2:00 pm Lineup for “GREEN” Members. Please be polite and orderly; this is a fun parade! Sniffing allowed, biting NOT!
Parking may be available behind Municipal Auditorium this year!
Please park legally!
NOTE THIS YEAR (FOOD & DRINK CHANGES):
Food booths accept cash only. Cocktails, soda, water & beer are tickets only. Purchase tickets for $1 each at ticket booth.
- All dogs need to be on a leash or secured in a float.
- Costumes are encouraged, but not mandatory. If you do dress up, be humane as well as creative. Participants should be current on vaccinations and wearing current rabies tags.
- Yes, you can throw trinkets/beads to the crowd, just like the human Mardi Gras parades, no commercial throws that advertise an entity. Escort (human) is responsible for krewe member’s waste and discharge (we are respectable, so do not be gross).
- Krewe member must not be in season.
- No displays of political, controversial or religious ideals are allowed. No ‘commercial’ displays or throws allowed by the City. No motorized vehicles are allowed in the parade.
- Membership registration must be completed before the start of the parade. You must be registered in the parade to purchase escort pass. To purchase additional escort passes ($10 each), please go to registration booth in Armstrong Park, wearing your krewe member pass.