HOW CAN I BE A PART OF THE HOTTEST CANINE KREWE ON EARTH?!?!?!
Only members are eligible to be a part of the parade by purchasing parade registration (Dogluxe or above). You can also become a member without parading and support our worthwhile cause benefiting homeless animal rescue and adoption.
Register online or by Fax Barkus 2013 Registration (Fill out form online, print and fax) (PDF file readable with Acrobat Reader; download it free at www.adobe.com.) Fax number on form - 504-522-0239 -- online and fax registration ends at midnight, CST, Wednesday, January 23, 2013.
Registration packets are available at these outlets:
||812 Royal St
|Jefferson Feed, Pet & Garden Supply
||Jeff. Hwy. at Central Ave.
|Neighborhood Pet Market
||N. Carrollton & Bienville
REGISTRATION - NO PARADE
- Member only without parade $20
- Dogluxe Membership includes parade registration, one dog and one human escort for $30 until January 15, $40 until January 23, and $50 day-of-parade (January 27th) at Orleans & N. Rampart.
- Additional Human Escort Passes can be purchased by a registered Member for $8 each. An Escort Pass allows one additional human to march with Dog Krewe member and Krewe member's human escort. (These passes allow admittance to any of three main color coded sections (with registered krewe member) of the parade.)
BARKUS ROYAL BALL - FRIDAY, January 25th
Barkus Royal Ball is for humans only, separate from the parade, and is our black-tie optional, costumes-encouraged event. Host of the event is The Windsor Court Hotel New Orleans (300 Gravier St.) and takes places from 8pm until midnight Friday, January 25, 2013.
Individual tickets are $125 each and include open bar, fabulous edibles, and entertainment. Ball tickets can be purchased online, via fax (Fill out form, print and fax) and at the Ball.
Tables of 10 are $1500 each and include reserved seating for ten, open bar, fabulous edibles, entertainment, four passes to VIP reviewing stand at Good Friends, 12noon-5pm, day-of-parade; four passes to the Whitney VIP tent, 10:30am-2pm, day-of-parade; two signed & numbered limited edition Barkus posters by Matt Rinard; and two official Krewe of Barkus T-shirts.
PLEASE NOTE: We advise you to check on parade routes, schedules and other traffic information in advance to insure taking the best route to the Ball.
ESTEEMED LEVELS OF REGISTRATION
(These are specific packages and cannot be reduced in price if item(s) included are not used)
- TOP DOGS are the ultimate alpha dogs in the krewe. At this level the member receives one position in the Royal Court (Duke or Duchess) allowing one dog with four humans included to parade with Royal Court; receives four passes (no minors) to VIP reviewing stand/party at Good Friends (12noon-5pm); four passes to Whitney VIP tent (10:30am-2pm); two tickets to Barkus Royal Ball (Human); two signed & numbered limited edition Barkus posters by Matt Rinard; and two official Krewe of Barkus T-shirts. Top Dog Fee $750.00
- LEADER OF THE PACK is almost an alpha dog. At this level the member receives parade pass for one dog and two humans; receives two passes (no minors) to VIP reviewing stand/party at Good Friends (12noon-5pm); two passes to the Whitney VIP tent (10:30am-2pm); one signed & numbered limited edition Barkus poster by Matt Rinard; two tickets to Barkus Royal Ball (Human); and two official Krewe of Barkus T-shirts. Leader of the Pack Fee $550.00
- LUCKY DOG receives parade pass for one dog and two humans; two passes to the Whitney VIP tent (10:30am-2pm); two tickets to Barkus Royal Ball (Human); and two official Krewe of Barkus T-shirts. Lucky Dog Fee $275.00
- PLEASE NOTE: Extra guests at the Ball, in the Whitney VIP Tent, and Reviewing Stand cost $125, $50, and $75, respectively, per EXTRA guest. [See descriptions above for details of each package]).
LIST OF MEMBERSHIP LEVELS & FEES:
- TOP DOG $750.00
- LEADER OF THE PACK $550.00
- LUCKY DOG $275.00
- DOGLUXE MEMBER/PARADE: $30 until Jan. 15; $40 until Jan. 23; $50 day-of-parade.
- KREWE MEMBER, NO PARADE: $20 to support our doggone good cause.
OPTIONAL PURSUITS & FEES:
Escorts (human) pass $8 each (Available to "Dogluxe" level parade registrants only to allow extra guests to march in the parade). For Lucky Dogs, Leaders, and Top Dogs Escort Passes are $75 [covers VIP Tent and parade] -- extra guests at the Ball, in Whitney VIP Tent [but not parade -- see info above], or Reviewing Stand cost $125, $50, and $75, respectively, per EXTRA guest. (See descriptions below for details of each package).
Barkus Royal Ball , $125 each.
Barkus Royal Ball Reserved Table of Ten Plus, $1500 each.
DUKE OR DUCHESS NOMINATIONS
If you want your dog to be considered for a position on the Royal Court as Duke or Duchess, submit a doggie bio and nomination request by fax (504/522.0239) or email (
). You will be required to pay a court fee of $350 if accepted. Court positions are extremely limited. Court registration includes two ball tickets (for humans), and two passes to Whitney VIP tent, 10:30am-2pm day of parade. (Additional Whitney VIP Tent passes are $50 or $75 for Tent and Parade participation)
VIP REVIEWING STAND
Day-of-parade, 12noon - 5:00pm, located on balcony of Good Friends Bar, corner of St. Ann and Dauphine, where the King & Queen and Royal Court are toasted by New Orleans city officials and other important humans. Reviewing stand occupancy is restricted because of space limitations. Admittance is by invitation only with a limited number of tickets available at $75 each. Barkus Royal Ball Reserved Table for Ten, Top Dog and Leader of the Pack registration levels include VIP passes, see "Esteemed Levels of Registration" and "Barkus Royal Ball" above for details.
Whitney VIP TENT in Armstrong Park
Day-of-parade, 10:30am-2:00pm, located near park gates on N. Rampart (enter through park, gates closed). The Royal Court, as well as other VIPs, are treated to a private waiting area with food and drink, to await the call from the Parade Marshall to lineup for the royal promenade. Admittance is by invitation only with a limited number of tickets available at $50 each. Barkus Royal Ball Reserved Table for Ten, Top Dog, Leader of the Pack, and Lucky Dog registration levels include Whitney VIP tent passes, see "Esteemed Levels of Registration" and the Barkus Royal Ball above for details.
For more information, Email
or Fax to (504) 522-0239
The Mystic Krewe of Barkus is a non-profit organization founded by Wood Enterprises.